To flatten a rolled / curled print, follow these instructions:
- Prepare a flat and smooth hard work surface free of all debris, grit and dust.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly. Use of cotton gloves if available.
- Roll the paper in the opposite direction to the curl. Be careful not to roll it too tightly or you may damage the print.
- Place the rolled print back into the shipping tube.
- Allow the print to sit. The amount of time required will generally be one to five hours, depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
- Remove the print and unroll it image side up onto a flat surface.
- With a protective tissue paper covering the printed image, place a few smooth, flat, heavy objects on the ends of the print. Let the print sit for another few hours.
- Remove the heavy objects. If your print is still is not flat, let it sit with the heavy objects holding it down for another couple of hours.